And I'm a part of the inaugural ambassador program, which has been awesome!
- I've met the Red Team Captain, Sheryl, and heard about the awesome program Open Options provides to help her have a very fun and active life.
- I get to geek out talking about triathlon stuff with Open Options board members.
- I get to talk about a great race that has been around forever and a cornerstone of the Kansas City tri scene.
- I got to hook people up with a sweet discount for the race! If you're reading this, live in KC and wanted to race Shawnee Mission Tri and didn't get a hook up, pay attention and maybe next time!
- We hit our goal for team red for raising over $1000! You can still donate! A couple teams are to their goal, but teams like Purple with Mason needs your help! Consider donating.
- Raffle tickets can be purchased at packet pickup! Sweet prizes!
- Finish line festival is FREE, but donations would be appreciated. Donate to Team Mason and get him to his goal and eat pancakes til you pop, face painting, Puppet Show, sign making station and more! This will be GREAT for the kids cause we all know they could care less from arrival to seeing you race. Spouse wants something to do with the kids during down time at the race? Here's your answer!
Personally, I've been a part of the SM Tri race 5 times, one time shortened due to weather and one time cancelled due to rain.
I also raced the same course for the KCCC duathlon 4 times. Lets just say I know the course. ;)
Last year I won an entry and raced the day after getting back home from a family trip and had to do a relay since I hurt my foot and could not run at the time. We got 3rd in the team category, so I'm hoping this year's individual effort results in a podium, but I'm not holding my breathe.
Weather for this Sunday has a little rain in the forecast, but I don't believe anything forecasters say these days. Could be hot and sunny, could be stormy and cancelled. Who knows.
I've been riding the course a lot as of late for Lifetime Tri TEAM coaching with my team, so I've got some hills under my belt. I've been tapering a little for the race, but I have IRONMAN 70.3 Racine a week after, so I need to keep up the volume for that training plan. It's a dance...
Prediction? Sub 2 hour. AG Podium? Depends on who races. ;)
Post a Comment