RUN : TREADMILL INCLINE INTERVALS : 4 Sets : 60 MINWARM UP - if needed and not part of a brick or continence of workouts
10 minute warm up at HR 120 or less
- LEG LIFTS - Swing one leg out to the side, then swing it back across your body in front of your other leg. Repeat 10 times on each side. Feel wobbly? Hold onto a steady object.
- BUTT-KICKS - While standing tall, walk forward with an exaggerated backswing so that your heels come up to your glutes. When this is easy, try it while jogging. Do 10 reps on each side.
- PIKE STRETCH - Get in a "pike" position (hips in the air). Put your right foot behind your left ankle. With your legs straight, press the heel of the left foot down. Release. Repeat 10 times on each side.
- WALKING LUNGES - Step forward using a long stride, keeping the front knee over or just behind your toes. Lower your body by dropping your back knee toward the ground. Maintain an upright posture and keep your abdominal muscles tight.
- STAR TOUCH - Stand with your feet wide, toes pointing forward. Keeping your legs straight, reach your left hand across your body and try to touch your right toe. Return to center. Repeat on the other side. Do eight to 10 on each side.
- RUNNER'S TOUCH - Balance on your right foot and hinge forward, allowing your left leg to extend back. Touch the ground with your left hand. Return to standing. Do 10 to 12 reps, then repeat on your left leg.
- Set 1: 6 percent incline : 3 sets : 20 seconds at 75 percent effort followed by 2:40 walk recovery at incline.
- Set 2: 8 percent incline : 3 sets : 20 seconds at 80 percent effort followed by 2:40 walk recovery at incline.
- Set 3: 10 percent incline : 3 sets : 20 seconds at 85 percent effort followed by 2:40 walk recovery at incline.
- Set 4: 12 percent incline : 1 sets : 20 seconds at 90 percent effort followed by 2:40 walk recovery at incline.
10 Minutes at easy pace.
- Touch toes : hold 1 minute
- Quad hold : 1 minute each leg
- Calf stretch : 1 minute each leg
- Side lunge : 1 minute each leg